Thursday, March 15, 2012

Operation Healthy Life

For the past month James and I have been using the MyFitnessPal app to count calories. We have begun exercising, and starting to see the changes.

James's user name is hillard76. He has lost close to 15 lbs already I believe. He weighs in on Saturdays. It is so annoying with how many calories he gets to get compared to me!! I have given up helping him pack his lunch because I get kind of angry...like seriously? He gets to eat close to double of what I get to eat on a normal day!!

My user name is jnhillard. I have lost 13 lbs :-) I love the endorphins working out give me! I weigh in on Wednesdays, and currently am weighing a little over 195. I am seeing the difference in my thighs, getting some strong muscles. And I can officially do one guy push up, strong woman I know! (haha) I drink at least 50% of my body weight in ounces of water EVER day...yes, that means I am drinking at least 12-13 servings of water ever day. I really think it helps tremendously with weight loss.

We have gotten quite a few friends to join us on this weight loss journey. And I am excited to see where it takes us, but I can tell you one thing...this time it is sticking. There is no giving up, there is no backing down. This has to be our lifestyles if we don't want to be obese forever.

Losing weight and eating healthier is really helping me keep my mind off everything else going on in our crazy lives. One thing we are slacking on though is reading the Bible, so if you could keep that in your prayers I hope to soon be adding to our healthy lifestyle with more God in it!!

One thing I have learned throughout life thus far is it truly is an uphill battle. It is up to you to stand up stronger (with God's help!!) each time you get knocked down to persevere in hopes of one day reaching the top. With your prayers, our prayers, and our determination we will get to the top of the hill one day. We will reach our goals, and we will inspire others to do the same. I can feel it in my bones. :-)

Sometimes, change is a GOOD thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment