Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Dear me.

Hey there,
It's been awhile. And this is going to get kind of personal. And real. I haven't spent time with pen against paper or fingers against keyboard. Unless it has been to chart or write down frequency and duration of contractions or charting on my patients.

Meanwhile, my heart feels further and further from God. If I'm honest further and further from myself and from my husband. I'm not myself lately. And I know where it stems from.

Usually my identity is in Christ. The past year or so my identity has been Jessica...a labor and delivery nurse. Jessica a mom to Matthew. Wife to James. A sometimes funny lady who cares about others. A lady who says bad words more frequently. A lady who doesn't invest in friendships, her marriage, or her relationship with Christ. A lady that says more and more mean and sarcastic things. A lady who has started to wonder how I used to be the person who leaned on God as much as I used to. It's messed up.

I found a 3 page journal entry while cleaning yesterday. It was admit my nursing school notes. My heart was so open and honest with Christ. Honest with where I was at in life. I haven't been there in a long time.

It was so raw and you could sense the eager yearning to be in the presence of Christ. I have somehow lost that burning fire at the moment. I have instead turned to myself to do life on my own accord. I have become something of a shadow of my old self. The self that I was before I came to know Christ.

So dear me...I guess this is my official resignation to stop living that life. That life for me. That selfish lifestyle. This is my declaration that things are going to get better. Things do not fill your cup. Christ does.

Life has its ups and downs but seriously your valleys away from Christ shouldn't last this long. Get your act together sister.

Sincerely,
The fed up version of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment