Friday, September 21, 2012

27 weeks already...

Can you believe it? 27, that means less than 13 and our little guy will be here. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around. 3 months. There is so much that I want to do around the house!


  • Finish Painting the Nursery
  • Get the trim up in the nursery
  • Order and put up the wall clings
  • Put together the crib (which by the way I need to put out another shout out to Marva Selby for kindly and amazingly purchasing for us. I am not going to lie, I cried. James and I fully planned on needing to purchase the crib, dresser, and glider/rocker for the nursery. Now we have one less purchase on that list. I am thinking we are going to be blessed by family and friends more than my wildest imagination could have ever dreamed of.)
  • Wash the walls (I have started noticing finger prints everywhere...adult finger prints, wouldn't mind so much if they were little kid ones)
  • Get the railing put back up on the stairs
  • Get better organized in the bathroom so crap can be up off the counter top
  • Figure out organization in the Kitchen, trying to imagine where we are going to shove bottles is a little daunting to think about at times...
  • Clean our bed room, I still haven't moved out the clothes that I do not fit at this moment in time, they are boxed up but not moved to the basement.
  • Take care of all of these lovely empty needles from my lovenox shots...I have them chilling in a huge pickle jar right now, very decorative, and classy...I assure you!
  • Have everything cleaned and organized before baby shower that will be thrown here (it will be nice to only have to lug things up to the baby room instead of in the car, then out of the car and into the house) and then KEEP it that way.
James and I had been planning a weekend away in Oct for shopping at an outlet mall and Cabela's, but it looks like it may be too busy for him at work, so those plans are kind of up in the air and on hold until last minute.

I have noticed that my emotions are getting the best of me lately, I cry quite easily if something chokes me up. Thankfully, no one else has been with me to experience these moments when they happen. I am sure they would look at me like an alien. 

I also have noticed more pain when switching sides in bed, ouch! Definitely need to learn to slow down when I move, bending over is getting to be a little more difficult as well as I need to catch my breath a lot quicker than usual. Where I park at school I have three flights of stairs to go up, carrying a heavy backpack...not going to lie, this week I chose the elevator (which makes me feel fat and lazy, I would even take the stairs most days when I was lugging my huge nursing bag). 

On the fat and lazy feeling, I don't think I mentioned this...my doctor's scale tried telling me I gained SIX pounds in one week. Um, NO! It was my first time wearing tennis shoes and jeans, and holy cow. I mean MOOO, It said I weighed more than where I started when I lost weight. It read a big blaring 210 at me. And I wanted to cry! So I weighed myself at home again the next day, 204.2. Which is still up 12.4lbs, but much better than 18. So I was having a, "I feel fat today, and definitely not pretty" day. When I told a co-worker I felt like my belly was just fat, like Santa, like it jiggled like a bowl full of jelly. (lol) and she kindly reminded me, "You are PREGNANT! And regardless of your weight gain, you haven't gained anywhere else that I can notice..." 

So that helped, and then in when stepping on the scale again the next day, I joked about how 5lbs of gain is probably all in the tatas. And they say that you can go up another cup size when your milk comes in. Oiy. This could be an experience.

I was feeling a bit better about myself, when I got asked if I had a month and a half to go. Nope, three. I got several comments that day (and the next) about how I am going to be out there. Well, yes, that is what happens during pregnancy. Your belly gets big and you begin to feel like you have an alien growing inside of you, turning you into a whale. And women do carry babies so differently. And we as people have the tendency to judge based on how other's look at such points. 

Thankfully my husband loves me, and tells me I am beautiful, and that I truly am not as big as others at time make me feel! I would be quite lost without him, he is such a hardworking man, and I cannot wait to have that week off together after the baby comes, it will be nice to see him relax and be in daddy mode.

This week Jenny and I went and visited Mike & Darcy in the hospital to see their newest addition Harper. She was born on the 18th at 910 am, weighed 8lbs 5oz, 20 inches long. She is a keeper! And quite cuddly. We brought them fast food for dinner, and before that Jen showed me that TJMaxx has some pretty good deals on onesies in the multipacks. I resisted in buying our Mr. anything, but got Harper some cute long sleeve onesies, and one that says Little Sister. After the baby showers are done, TJMaxx and I might have a visit to stock up on some things I am still lacking though ;-). We were there the same time as our other friends Ben & Laura. They had their little girls there, and it is hard to believe how big and independent Alli has become, and how much of a cute little cuddle bug Brooklynn is! Anyways, Darcy & Harper are both doing well and last I knew were anxiously waiting to come home!

Wow, this has turned into a huge post, kudos to you if you continued reading my random ramblings. I hope I at least got a smile or an amused shake of the head along the way. Before I go to attempt to do an exam, I should probably post the pictures that I intended for this post. Then I need to try to figure out how to make my lower back feel a bit better, bring on the stretches!

So amazing to see my belly grow, sometimes it still feels like a dream...






No comments:

Post a Comment