Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Facebook Free

It has now been 72 hours without facebook. And for a habitual user like myself, I can say it is quite freeing! It has made me realize how often I would check it! It truly was an addiction.

It really was a time suck. And while it is nice to see photos of what is going on in other people's lives, or how children are growing up so stinking fast. It really can be detrimental too at times.

To school work for example! Or to making time for communication between husband and wife. And I even think how friendships are now from the switch from phone calls to text messages (I am SO guilty of this one...so look in the future for text free *or technology free!* tuesdays or maybe even a weekend! Or a week!!) to just using facebook as a means for communication. What a sad switch that is occurring in society!

Facebook will at least remain off my phone and be far from my mind for the next month at the very least. And maybe even for the rest of the semester. Or the rest of nursing school. Maybe Saturdays will become my day I can quick check it. Or maybe I wont. Hopefully people see I posted my number and use it as a way to communicate with me. Because honestly, this chica could crawl under the proverbial rock when it comes to technology and I would be A-Ok as long as my husband and son were there with me, and maybe a few friends would be willing to pop on by!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment